Consultant, HR Generalist (1099)
Let’s start with what you should know about us before ever considering applying for a Consultant role. Our Values and Belief Statements will give you a pretty good idea of what we hold near and dear to our hearts and we’ll expect you to do the same.
The Pabulum Group Values Statement:
We value above all else operating with absolute integrity and high ethical standards. As facilitators of workplace satisfaction we operate with compassion and a strong sense of responsibility to those we serve. In order to achieve ideal balance we place great importance on family life and workplace flexibility. To foster our culture of innovation, we require open-mindedness, wild curiosity, unbridled creativity and the willingness to find the humor in whatever life throws at us.
The Pabulum Group Belief Statement:
We believe the world is an abundant place in that what you put forth will come back to you in folds. Because we are in pursuit of happiness and true life fulfillment, we live our lives and run our business according to these guiding principles:
- Family comes first. Period.
- We operate with a grateful spirit.
- We are sincerely governed by honesty and integrity.
- Health and happiness are important to us. Find your balance.
- We are loyal and compassionate people who see the world with an empathetic eye.
- We treat all of those with whom we cross paths with respect, friendliness and fairness.
- We embrace the diversity of human nature.
- Ride your bike. Pay your bills. Play in your local park. Support local your local businesses. Our community is important to us.
- We do our best at all times.
- We are responsible for our own actions.
- There is no cure for curiosity. Thank goodness!
- Learning is for life.
If you are prepared to show how you have demonstrated these characteristics in your life to this point, we are prepared to talk with you about being a consultant!
Appropriate experience in a related role will be required. PHR or SPHR Certification is preferred, but is not required to apply if equivalent experience exists. We are a growing company, so opportunity for growth is available.
Expectations of the role of Consultant, HR Generalist
The Pabulum Group is currently looking for a fiery and energetic consultant to work 16-24 hours per week. You will be working with a very progressive HR Consulting firm providing HR coordination to a book of clients located throughout central Indiana. This role requires that you are on-site with clients part-time and also able to work remotely from home. While each client’s culture varies, all clients have their employee’s best interest in mind. We pride ourselves in pushing boundaries and creating best-in-class work environments, making our clients some of the most attractive companies to work for in Indiana.
As a Consultant, HR Generalist you will be supporting the President or Account Managers by creating a consistent on-site presence based on the specific needs of the client. Responsibilities will include any of the following:
- Administer regularly scheduled or recurring on-site events
- Act as point-of-contact for internal employee requests related to HR
- Provide administrative support for new hire paperwork, benefits enrollment and changes, policy development, employee notifications and annual reviews
- Coordinate recruiting activities and interview schedules, as well as active participation in interviews
- Administer all onboarding activities to include reference checks, background checks and on-site drug screening
- Payroll administration through third party payroll provider for groups up to 300 employees
- Maintain compliant employee record maintenance
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for both Client and Company